Sticking to a supportive nutrition plan can be tough. Trust us though; you CAN still enjoy your life while eating good food that’s good for you with the proper plan and support.
We wanted to share 6 ways that you can help with this:
- Clean out your pantry and fridge: If the “bad” food is not in your house you won’t be able to eat it. Your family probably doesn’t need to be eating those processed foods you have committed to eliminating for a certain amount of days either, but if that is not realistic then create a place for “YOUR” food. Have a special cabinet where you will be keeping all of your food and arrange your fridge so that any non-compliant foods are not within your sight.
- Plan One week of meals: “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” This is going to take some planning and organization. Figure out which nights you will be home to cook dinner and which nights you need a quicker option (a go-to meal or something from the freezer). Then plan what you will make for dinner the nights you are home. Make sure you will have some leftovers for breakfast and lunch. Also make a plan for some breakfast and lunch options that are quick and easy. This will make creating your grocery list very simple.
- Grocery Shop: Stock your fridge with lean proteins, eggs, and fresh fruits and vegetables. You may need to shop more often to ensure that your meat and produce are fresh. Fill your pantry with cooking staples such as (coconut oil, almond meal, and a variety of spices).
- Establish “Go-To Meals”: Pick 2-3 meals that can be prepared in about 15 minutes on those nights that you get home late and don’t feel like cooking. Our favorite is breakfast for dinner, eggs, veggies, and bacon or pork sausage topped with avocado. Or we will pick up a rotisserie chicken from Rouses and pair with steamed veggies. If you don’t have any veggies prepped frozen is an option. Our last tip/suggestion here is to cook several meals on the weekend and then freeze some. The crock-pot is your friend!!! That is how we do a lot of “easy” meals.
- Put together a Game Plan: What situations will you be faced with over the next few days? Traveling? Out to dinner? Family get together? If you have a plan going in you WILL be successful. You may have to be a little bit selfish in some of these situations.
- Enlist your Support Team: Who will be your support system throughout this challenge? You always have the CORE team and members. Having a solid support team that will not sabotage your efforts is critical.
This program is absolutely do-able with all of these situations, but it will take some planning. Offer to cook or at least bring one dish that you know you can eat. Choose activities/events that are not centered on food. Meet a friend for tea, take a yoga class, or get outside for a walk.
You may choose to not spend as much time with those who you feel do not/will not be supportive of you during this time.
If you are interested in learning how to lose fat, feel great and become the best version of yourself, join us for our CORE Fitness Academy Team Transformation Challenge!
To your success,
Coach Megan & Adam
P.S. It’s the final week, and out orientation is this Saturday! Don’t wait! Hear what Sal Judice has to say about his training!